David Of One

Saturday, June 03, 2006

What to do with a Blog once you've got one

So you get the basics of a Blog setup and your 'ready for business' ... right?

Random thoughts, pictures, audio clips ... riveting personal thoughts for others to pine for your opine.

After considerable musing and mental hand-wringing it seems to me that a Blog should be more than opining about the days news, muse and views (I'm fairly confident that last string of words isn't original).

During the last couple of weeks I've taken time off work and essentially done little ... one of my main goals was to reverse the clock and NOT think about what needs to be accomplished at work today my first waking moment.

Yet, yesterday, I was reading a number of online news sources and I felt startled by the string of perceived significant events.

Sometime ago I started reading the newspapers less (by this time I had stopped watching television news). As time passed I began a compromise which finally resulted in my reading the headlines ... moving to the Editorials, Letters to the Editors and finish it up with the comics (which usually put me back in a cheery mood from reading the previous "stuff").

Then the online news seemed so much more palatable ... I could focus on news sources that at least filtered some of the blather & minutia and allowed me to see more of the big picture.

But yesterday it suddenly dawned on me that the look and feel of the events being reported left me with concern about the meaning of the "big picture" and that it felt much like the stuff for which I stopped listening to TV news and reading newspapers ... major media outlets.

Okay so back to the supposed issue ... what to do with a Blog?

I don't want to be a parroting shadow news source (yeah, right!) ... besides I look and feel more like a Perry White.

More thoughtful musing is needed ... but this much I am certain ... reading the thoughts and opinions of others in Blogdom is affording me and others to meet and hopefully continue to learn & maybe pass it on.
David of One, 6/03/2006 06:17:00 AM
|